I was heading out to a movie with friends one evening when I became aware of a strange feeling in my body. I was sure I had completed everything necessary and was not leaving anything undone. I was relaxed and ready for the evening, but something just felt...off. Suddenly I felt a rush of anxiety, my pulse began to race, and my heart was pounding.
This wasn’t the first time I had experienced this, but it was beginning to happen more and more frequently. I was also beginning to suffer from extreme anxiety, hair loss, and poor sleep. I was having panic attacks, mood swings, and trouble controlling my anger. But I had no idea what was wrong.
Perhaps you, too, have been experiencing unexplained moments like these, when you know something is not right, but you can’t put your finger on it. For me, it turned out to be adrenal fatigue.
How I Knew I Needed Adrenal Recovery
As these incidents became more frequent and intense,
The signs and symptoms of adrenal fatigue include:
· You still feel exhausted even when you have had sufficient sleep.
· You feel overwhelmed or suddenly exhausted
· You have difficulty returning to a routine after a stressful situation or after being ill
· You start craving a lot of sweet or salty foods
· You feel energetic and wide awake in the evenings, even after a tiring day
I instantly knew this was my problem. I made two big changes to my routine. I stopped drinking coffee first thing in the morning and moved my first cup to mid-morning. I replaced that first cup with a green adrenal recovery smoothie like this one:
Adrenal Recovery Green Smoothie
I started out drinking this smoothie every day to get my adrenals back on track but now drink it only once or twice a week. I immediately noticed a reduction in my anxiety, felt less stress in my body, and felt more relaxed in general.
· ½ cup of organic berries (frozen)
· 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (mixed with ½ cup of water)
· 1 tablespoon coconut oil
· 1 tablespoon collagen protein powder
· 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
· 1 teaspoon acerola cherry powder
· 4 ice cubes
· 1 cup organic greens
· ½ cup organic berries (frozen)
Combine all ingredients in a blender or juicer and mix until well incorporated.
Adrenal fatigue is real, and, if left untreated, can lead to serious health issues. Today’s fast-paced lifestyle makes adrenal fatigue more common and more severe. To keep my adrenals in check, I also slowed down a little by adding more family and personal time into my schedule and revisiting my exercise regimen.
Take care of your body, and your body will take care of you!
To your wellness,