Not sure if you are aware of that, but turmeric is among the best detox foods you can find around. Why? It has amazing healing properties, free-radical-fighting antioxidant, and research found defensive properties against both cancer and Alzheimer.
Try turmeric together with ginger! Combined together, with citrus and maple syrup make the perfect blend of healing nutrients and it comes out a really delicious warm drink.
Here is the recipe:
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Bring water to a boil, then add your herbs in powder. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Strain tea into a mug, add maple syrup and lemon, stir and drink warm.
Another detox king is undoubtedly green tea. According to clinical studies conducted by Dr. Abdul Dulloo, of the University of Geneva in Switzerland, green tea raises metabolic rates and speeds up fat oxidation. So, it will help you in both, detox and weight loss. Research found it is a great immune-enhancing health-booster and anti-cancer agent, with flavonoids and polyphenols thought to inhibit tumor formation.
So here is my easy-to-make, delicious green tea recipe for green tea:
6 green tea teabags
6 cups cold water
2 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
1. Place teabags in a large teapot or pitcher.
2. Put sliced peaches in a saucepan, add cold water, and bring to a brisk boil, then pour water and peaches over teabags.
3. Steep for 6 minutes, then add sweetener (maple syrup, honey or stevia are recommended). Allow tea to cool, then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
4. Include a few peach slices in each glass and serve with a spoon, garnished with a sprig of mint, if you like.